Saturday, April 30, 2011

Smile for Hope

This afternoon, my friend Erin and I went to Smile for Hope, an event put on by Sweet Pickle Photography to benefit Safe Journey, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing resources to women who have been affected by domestic violence.  It was a beautiful day, a great cause, and an excuse to wear one of my favorite pieces of clothing:  a vintage 1950's skirt that I've had for about 10 years.

It was also an excuse to shop local artisans and have some good ol' fashioned girl time.  What a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

This is what I wore:
Vintage 1950's skirt, DKNY tights, Kohls Boots,
New York and Company Tee,
Anthropologie sweater,
lotus necklace and earrings from Dragonflies in St. Augustine,
Michael Kors watch


Snagged this bag at an accessories swap,
the ring is vintage, the bracelet:  $1 at a yard sale.  FRUGAL!
Skirt Detail
This is what I bought:
Sterling Silver Ring
Lovebugs Jewelry and Lipbalm
$8
Anyone else attend Smile for Hope?  What did you buy?  Or better yet, what did you win?  I didn't win any of the raffles, but getting this ring for $8 was enough of a win for me!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful skirt that is and it looked great on you! I bought a Beijo Bag from Candy Muth and a beautiful framed print from Loraine Staunch (staunchart.com) and won a framed watercolor reproduction from Gia Conti that had gorgeous and healing blues and greens and pinks! Such a wonderful event and such wonderful people that I had a chance to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am famous now!

    The event was great--I bought a necklace and earrings from Lovebugs Jewelry and Lipbalm and had a delightful massage! It was an excellent event and I hope to attend next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...