Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm a Sucker for Happy Endings

I'm a romantic at heart, so it is no surprise that I have been swept away by the the royal wedding.  I haven't ordered a commemorative tea set or anything, but the little girl inside of me can't help but smile and get a little teary-eyed seeing a regular girl marry a real life prince.  Kate Middleton became a princess, married her prince charming, and was swept away in a horse-drawn carriage to Buckingham Palace.  If that isn't a real-life fairy tale, I don't know what is. It seems Disney had it right all along: "if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true."

My mother and Princess Diana were pregnant at the same time; Prince William and I are only a month apart.  My grandmother took this as a sign that Prince William and I should get married.  If only I'd know that all this time I might have actually had a shot!  Ha!  I'm sure having a dukedom and being the future Queen of England is overrated...I digress.

I've always thought Kate Middleton beautiful.  She has become a style icon with her classic and sophisticated taste.  Today, she was a dream in her Alexander McQueen wedding gown.  Simply stunning.  Cinderella has nothing on her:

Brides will be copying this look left and right.
Let the knock offs begin!

I wish all of the best to the royal newlyweds.  We could all use a few more happy endings.  I can't help but feel an air of optimism that Prince William and Kate will live happily ever after and I hope with all my heart they do.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...