Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is it summer yet?

I am so ready for summer!  I was very unpleasantly surprised when I walked out of my house this morning without a jacket.  35 degrees?  Really Rochester?  I've had enough.

Enough of the clouds, enough of the cold, enough of my winter wardrobe!   I want to wear dresses!  Dresses instantly make you feel feminine and put together, and they are perfect for the style-impaired.  We are talking one piece, ladies.  How easy is it to throw on a maxi dress, sunglasses, some big earrings, and a pair of sandals?  No pesky layers.  No clunky boots.  No puffy coat to make you look 15 pounds heavier.  Just simple clean lines, airy fabrics, fun patterns, and instant style.  Now if only the weather would cooperate.

Lucky for me, I'll be in sunny Florida in less than two weeks, so despite chilly temperatures, I have ocean breezes, frozen cocktails, and summer style on my mind.  This morning, I went to one of my favorite places:  Your Best Friends Closet Consignment Boutique in Fairport.  The selection is wonderful, they get new merchandise constantly, carry top brands and designers, and have amazing prices.  Today I found two great maxi dresses and paid...wait for it... wait for it... $30 for BOTH of them!  They look brand new and are super comfortable.

How great will these look with a tan and a Mai Tai?  

If you haven't been to YBFC Boutique, you need to check them out.  It's a great place to shop, especially if you want fashion-forward, name brand clothing at a fraction of the retail price.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...