Friday, April 22, 2011

Geek or Chic?

I gave high waisted jeans a test run the other night.  It was like 8th grade all over again:  the last time I tucked in a shirt and belted pants that high I was wearing Bongo size 00 extra long.  Ah, those were the days.  Like Justin Timberlake said, "what goes around, goes around, goes around, comes all the way back around" right?

Walmart OP sunglasses, GAP shirt, Signature by Levi (Walmart) jeans,  Bandolino (TJ Maxx) sandals, JCrew belt
True Story:  This car was my high school graduation present.  Then my parents decided it was "more of a Florida car" and took it back.  Nice huh?  Guess I wouldn't have much use for it and its cloth top during Rochester winters though...
I digress.
I know the trend is to wear them a touch higher, but I need to take baby steps.  I've been wearing my jeans on my hips for over a decade now.  These things take time.  Maybe next time I'll do a wider leg.  Like these 7 For All Mankind Georgia Trouser jeans that cost a little more [sarcasm] than my Walmart pair:


Now, I love the nautical stripes on my top, but as for the jeans, I just can't decide, are high waisted jeans geek or chic?

1 comment:

  1. as we have discussed, I am not into the high-waisted jeans. you do pull them off much better than I ever could, though--darn your long legs!

    as usual, you look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...