Friday, October 12, 2012

Corduroy and Jane Austen

As promised, here is the skinny on what I wore for my Sweet Pickle family photo shoot.

I almost wore this corduroy dress, and am so glad I opted for a more casual, every day look instead.  This is me.  This is what I look like 98% of the time.  Skinnies, riding boots, comfy knits - it's what you'll find me in at Wegmans or dropping Colt off at preschool.  (My hair just probably won't look this good.)  Ha!
Had to wear my Jane Austen t-shirt from Brookish.
I love it almost as much as I love Mr. Darcy.
I love this necklace.
It's called the Mother's Love necklace and is by
local Rochester jewelry designer Sarah Khaled of Artwark.
Each one is custom made.
I get compliments on mine ALL the time.
So much so, that I've started carrying around her business card.
Hey, it's  much better than me saying:
 "It's artwark - like artwork, but with an "a."
Brookish tee, Sparrow cardigan via anthropologie,
Pilcro corduroy skinnies via anthropologie,
Fabianelli riding boots via Marshalls
(the most wonderful, comfortable boots I have every owned)
I got these earrings at a yard sale about ten years ago for $0.25.
If I ever lose them it would be completely tragic.
I feel like they are a part of me now.
These bracelets were yard sale finds too.  One.  Dollar.
I'm also wearing my go-to Michael Kors watch.
Did I mention I love these boots?
Because I do.
A lot.
I think this one is my favorite.
It's now my profile photo for most of my social media accounts.
I don't know if its the black and white, my expression,
or the fact that my nose looks smaller from this angle,
 but this picture just makes me feel, well, pretty.
Like one of those shots that my grandkids will look at and say:
 "This is grandma when she was young, wasn't she pretty?"

So I now I need some help from you.  Which one should be my new blog button?  (Once I figure out how to make a blog button...)  Decisions, decisions...

Love you like a fat kid loves cake,

xoxo

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...