Monday, October 15, 2012

My First Blate!

Despite my husband's fears that she could be a serial killer posing as an adorable blogger, I had my first official "blate" (blogger + date) with Alix of Traffic Jelly! She is even more fabulous and beautiful in person than she is in print!  And she didn't try to lure me into a secluded area to kidnap and eventually murder me!  Not even once!  ;)

We met for a shopping date, that turned into a coffee date after we found ourselves just standing in the middle of J.Crew chatting.  A few hours and chocolate chip cookies later, it was as if we had been friends forever.

You would think with both of us being bloggers that one of us would have thought to take some pictures for our inevitable posting about our meeting.  You would be wrong.  We were too busy flapping our gums to think about how our blog posts would suffer from our lack of photos.  Ooops! We'll have to take a bunch the next time to make up for it.

This definitely won't be the last time we get together.  I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  I mean how could two Rhett Butler - loving, English-teaching, JCrew-shopping, coffee-drinking, stage-acting, look-alikes not hit it off?  That would just be ridiculous!

To seal the deal, my new, sweet friend hands me a gift bag as we were leaving.  I open it to find a beautiful Turkish coffee cup and saucer.  She proceeds to tell me that "you only drink Turkish coffee with people you wish to be friends with for the next forty years."  I tried not to cry, gave her a big hug, and thought about what I shmuck I was for not being as thoughtful and sweet as she is.

Looks like I hit the blogger friend lottery.  Care to meet her?  She can be found right here.

Here's to the next forty years, babe!



xoxo

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Aw, friend, this was beautiful!! My post is still a draft, but I can only say I echo your sentiments!!
    Love to you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make up that word - "blate?" If so, too cute, funny, & creative. A couple of weeks ago I had lunch with a friend I met through my blog & my local apraxia facebook group. My 14-year-old stepson said, "Mama, don't you know you're not supposed to meet up with online friends?" It was funny. She came to my house to pick me up & my hubby was like, "You guys seem like you're really friends! Like you've known each other forever!" I'm like- She IS my friend! We've been chatting for months now. My boys were having a hard time wrapping their brain around my date as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the term "blate" lol - but yeah my hubs was convinced that she was going to chop me up in little pieces lol thankfully everyone lived!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...