Monday, May 9, 2011

Blue to the Rescue

Good morning!  I'm sitting in Mc Donald's in Ringwood NJ using their wifi because even though it is 2011, my parents do not have the internet; they don't even own a computer!  I shouldn't complain though.  Coming here is like a mini vacation.  The radio is on - I've got a cup of coffee (which isn't nearly as bad as I anticipated) and I have not yet been tempted to eat anything deep fried.  It's going to be a great day!

Had a great Mother's Day (even with the drive to NJ).  Went to church, drove 5 hours with a (well-behaved) two year old in the back seat, had a lovely dinner at Arta, and then visited with an old friend.   We sat in my old room, talked about boys and tried on each other's clothes- it was like I never left.  She tried on my anthro tops and target shoes, while I tried on her Prada, YSL, LV, and Chanel.  Ha!  The only problem with spending time with this dear friend and her fabulous wardrobe, is that it makes me want to shop.  And I mean SHOP...it makes me want to buy things like this:
Anyone want to give me $1,820.00?  Anyone?

and this:

Burberry London
Marystow Double Breasted Trenchcoat
$1,095.00
Let's be honest:  I can't afford either.  Not.Even.Close.

This is why I am so excited about Blue!  Don't know what Blue is?  It's a Goodwill Boutique - I know I know, it sounds like an oxymoron.  However, the more I read about it the more interested I become.  Listen:  "If you think our one-of-a-kind designer apparel, shoes and home decor look good, wait 'til you see how good it feels.  Because every dollar you spend at blue goes right back into the community. and each time you cleanse your closet and replenish our boutique, you're also saving gorgeous threads and housewares from life in a landfill.  It's a revival:  for your wardrobe, your community, your planet.  If the blue fits, it feels good from the inside out."  So in essence, when you shop at Blue you're saving money on designer duds, giving back to those in need, and helping the environment?  How can you go wrong?  I can't wait to check it out.

The "style revival" begins Saturday May 21 at 9 am at 3350 Monroe Ave across from Pittsford Plaza.  Want to get in before the doors open to the public?  Join me for Peek @ Blue - a pre-launch party for young professionals 21 and older on Friday May 20th from 6-9pm.  There will be free drinks and food, a fashion show with local celebs, and lots of prizes.  You can rsvp here:  I'm coming!

Still want to know more about Blue?  Read yesterday's write up in the Democrat and Chronicle by clicking here:  Blue.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fantastic! I would love to come to the sneak peek, but my parents will be here. Be sure to let me know how it is! Enjoy NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the opening of Blue too! It should be great!
    <3
    Treasurextrove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...