Some more legging tips and styling ideas from yours truly:
- Make sure your top gives you proper coverage. VPL and Camel Toe were so last season. Mid-thigh is usually a safe bet.
- Wear them with an over-sized sweater.
- Pair basic black leggings with a flannel, cardi, boot socks, and riding boots for a preppy gone comfy look. Then do an impromptu photo shoot at the Drop-in-Gym... (That last part is optional...)
- Don't be afraid to play with patterns, but keep your top solid. Pattern mixing is an advanced move and not for the faint of heart. Start slow.
- Kick back in leggings and chuck taylors.
- Try faux leather leggings for evening, but pair them with a flowy top. You don't want to be mistaken for Cat Woman, or a dominatrix...
- Wear with dresses in lieu of tights for extra warm during the winter months.
- No matter how you choose to wear them, just make sure they fit. Too tight = muffin top and too loose = baggy crotch... neither are particularly attractive.
- Leave your wigwam socks at home.