Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Big Announcement!

No, I'm not pregnant.

Remember when I disappeared from the blogging world in the beginning of the summer?  No?  Well, I was MIA for a few weeks because I was up to my eyeballs in Christian Grey.  Hey, there are worse things right?   I am thrilled to announce that I am one of the writers contributing to Lori Perikin's book Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey being published in November.  Go ahead, jump up and down and clap - I did!  

I am beyond excited to be included with this group of writers. It is going to be an amazing book!  I'll be sure to keep you updated with any happenings related to my debut as a published essayist!  Can't wait to read what I had to say about Fifty?  Feel free to pre-order your copy here:


For those of you out there scratching your heads as to how this all happened, that's a story for another day.  What I will tell you is that (despite the quality of writing on this blog) I do in fact have an English degree, am a published poet (crazy right?) and was an adjunct professor prior to popping out the kiddos.  Sure, I love to shop, and I'm not afraid to work for shoes (or a statement necklace for that matter), but my real passion is writing and literature.  This book project couldn't have come at a better time.  I had no idea how much I truly missed it; it was like reuniting with an old friend.

Now I just need to worry about how to explain the mature subject matter to my grandpa, my dad, my in-laws and my 93-year old Pop-Pop...

Any advice?

Would love to hear your thoughts on that!

xoxo

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Super happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! (that's all I could squeak out as I am dashing to work) but seriously - OMG OMG OMG! So happy for you! Congrats, writer!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...