Thursday, August 22, 2013

When Bad Necklaces Happen to Good People

Ever find yourself wearing something, not because you love it, but just because it was there?

Guilty. As. Charged.  

I need to get better at purging and wearing/keeping only what I love, so that mistakes like this don't happen:

Check out that necklace.  What the ____ was I thinking?!


As you know, I'm down at my parents' place in Florida.  I keep a small selection of clothing here, so I don't have to bring anything when I travel.  Unfortunately, this means there are a few gems lying around that would be better off in a Good Will donation bin.  This necklace is one of them.


I found this bead/shell concoction in a drawer and for whatever reason, decided to put it on instead of throw it out.  It completely ruins this look.  Don't underestimate the impact accessories can have on a outfit - they can make or (in this case) break it.  There's a reason you've never heard the phrase "Golden Girls Chic..."

Let this be a cautionary tale.  The next time you find yourself reaching for an item just because it's there ask yourself: Do I love it? Does it add to my overall look or detract from it? Would I buy it today? If you answer negatively to any of those questions, let it go. You're much better off with a smaller wardrobe full of items you love, than a closet overflowing with less-than-wonderful pieces.  

When in doubt, remember that simple is often best.  As Coco Chanel said: "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory." - Oh, if only I had taken her advice!  

What about you?  What's your latest fashion faux paux?  Please share below and let me know I'm not alone! 

xoxo

Jenny

 Follow on Bloglovin 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...