Friday, June 7, 2013

Monday Thru Friday Fabulous: A Guest Post on Workplace Fashion by Lisa Kelly

One of my favorite things about working in the advertising/marketing/public relations industry (aside from helping clients’ businesses grow and being their partners in success) is that we’re able to have a little bit of fashion freedom in the workplace (as long as it’s professional, does not show too much skin and there isn’t a major client meeting). We’re not limited to black business suits and kitten heels; we can wear trendy and eye-catching pieces. In my opinion, it’s only fitting since we’re a cutting-edge company with core competencies in branding, creative marketing and message development. 

My personal wear-to-work wardrobe (and wardrobe in general) is bold and colorful. I gravitate toward stand-out prints, geometric patterns, bright colors and pretty pumps. Check out a sampling of my Monday through Friday getups:

Monday

I like to start my week off with a statement piece, 
like this bright red dress from Cache. 
I’ve paired it with Rock and Republic studded peep toe pumps from Kohl’s, 
and a Michael Kors convertible clutch.

Tuesday

I tend to wear a lot of blue and green (not on purpose), 
and this geometric patterned dress from BCBGMAXAZRIA pairs the colors together nicely. 
My blue suede pumps from Baker’s add the finishing touch, 
and the Michael Kors convertible clutch completes the outfit.

Wednesday

Did I mention I like bright colors?   
This painting-patterned dress from Tahari Arthur Levine 
and bright yellow pumps from BCBG Paris help me get over the hump in style.

Thursday

I also like to include some American classics...
 like this white and blue polka dot dress and red belt from Lauren Ralph Lauren. 
I paired it with a white cardigan from New York and Company, 
a red clutch from Michael Kors and red G by Guess peep-toe pumps.

Friday

It’s always nice to end the week with an outfit that translates well from desk to dinner,
 so there’s no need to make an extra stop to change before going out. 
The black and striped dress from Express pairs nicely with a blazer (also from Express) for work, 
and the green Rachel Roy open-toe shoes and white Michael Kors clutch completes the outfit. 
Once I leave the office, the blazer comes off and I’m ready for a night on the town
Check out more of my workplace wardrobe on Instagram @LisaKelly83

Lisa Kelly

Key Account Director at Focus Media in Goshen, N.Y., Lisa has worked in the public relations and marketing industry for eight years. Prior to joining Focus, Lisa was Public Relations Manager at Madden Communications and Marketing in Rockland County, N.Y. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communications from St. Thomas Aquinas College, and is co-chairing the American Cancer Society’s 100th Anniversary Birthday Bash in the fall.

Aside from her professional life and community involvement, Lisa has a passion for fashion and loves jacquard knits, bold prints and pretty pumps. She has Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix named Buddy and resides in Rockland County. Lisa can be reached by e-mail at lisaannekelly83@gmail.com or on Instagram @lisakelly83

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...