Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh... hello... are you still here?

I am soooo sorry!  In the words of Ricky Ricardo:  "Let me 'splain."

We're remodeling our family room.  It never occurred to be when the staining, painting, and polyeutheraning began we would have to vacate our home because of the fumes.

Well, we did.

My poor parents drove up for a family weekend that was supposed to include baking Christmas cookies and getting our tree, but instead they couldn't even go in our house and we all had to check into the Hampton Inn.

They just took my kids back to NJ with them because my contractor doesn't think the air will be safe for the kids until Wednesday.  I can't leave in the middle of a home remodel project and I'm co-chairing the ladies advent tea at my church this week.  Ugh.

Crazy.

So yeah... no real blogging happening here.  Just vacating, fumigating, and vacillating between staying in a hotel for a week or spending the week kidless.   Looks like no kids for me until Thursday.  A rest will be nice, but boy am I going to miss those little boogers.  I must be PMSing, because I cried when they pulled out of the driveway.

Be on the lookout for actual content soon!  It's coming!  I promise!

xoxo

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel! My hot water heater busted Thursday morning and flooded my laundry room and kitchen. In nine hours time, I replaced our water heater & all of the hard wood floors were ripped out. We have had these massively loud fans blowing since Thursday afternoon to make sure everything is dry & it is stinky.

    I think I'm just going to leave the floors concrete and put all new flooring in after the new year. Nice Christmas present from our H.O. insurance! And, ironically enough, my floors were being ripped out 24 hours after the allergist told me I should replace my flooring b/c of Jake's severe dust & grass allergies. Yay!

    Should I enter you in my giveaway? If you've just got an iPhone and not an iPad, it would still be a great app b/c there's only the mouth on the screen and no small details. In fact, Jake liked looking at the smaller screen on the Flip Video camera while he was filming the VAST on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! So sorry about the fiasco over at your house. NOthing like having your house tore up at Christmas time - and I did mine voluntarily! I'd love to enter your giveaway! Thanks so much Tori!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...