Monday, November 5, 2012

Introducing "Made in America Mondays"

If you haven't heard, I am embarking on a new business venture. I am now an American Brand Ambassador for I Choose American, a traveling American-made boutique. I Choose American promotes American fashion, faces, products & places. We know that our middle class is losing jobs to off-shore manufacturing. This is a movement to save and create jobs for Americans and to put American made products on the shelves of retail stores across the country.

We were hoping to launch our new business model featuring pop up boutiques in the Northeast this week, but due to the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, we have decided to postpone our launch until the new year.

For the next few weeks, in lieu of hosting physical trunk shows, I have decided to start a new series on the Flower City Fashionista called "Made in American Mondays." Each week I will introduce you to a new product line that is made and manufactured in the USA. You will discover the best American made products and designers on the market and be able to shop fashion, accessories and home decor. Some of these lines have landed on OPRAH'S Favorites List and some are just launching. I am so excited to be on the ground floor of this amazing new company. This is no house party, this is a movement.

To kick off the series, I would love to share this awesome, comfy t-shirt from Bleu-Temple. I think their "We the People" design is quite timely with Election Day tomorrow.


It is available in long sleeve tee, tank top, one-size off the shoulder tee, and a dolman sleeve. These cheeky tees retail for $50. But if you order by next Monday (Nov 12) you will receive 10% off with code: VOTE10. Show your patriotic pride and choose to shop American. 

Here is a little bit about Bleu Temple and the designer behind the brand:

Joy Conley founded Bleu Temple Clothing with the intention of designing and manufacturing cool clothes for the trendy chick and guy. It had to be American-made, trend setting, and fun. Today Bleu Temple is sold in over 60+ boutiques across the USA, Caribbean, Russia, South America and Australia. It is in the personal closets of many Celebrities and has appeared in TV and films.

If you've been with me from the beginning, you know that my original intention for this blog was to promote local fashion and small businesses. It is a cause near and dear to my heart. It lead to the creation of Flower City Fashion, a local Rochester NY blog dedicated to doing just that. This is why I was thrilled to be asked to be a part of this new company who shares my enthusiasm for supporting American designers, artisans, and innovators. I'm so excited to be starting a new business that allows me to work from home, can be incorporated with my blog, and shares my love of products made in the USA. It pays to support American dreams and products and I can't wait to share them with you!

Now get your t-shirt! I'm leaning toward the off the shoulder tee myself... which style are you going to try?

xoxo

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...