Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Big Talent, Bigger Heart

A very dear friend of mine, just happens to be an uber-talented artist with a heart for service.  Rich Lopez and I have been friends since kindergarten and I can't think of a more giving, and kind-hearted person.  What can I say?  He is an all around great guy, who may or may not have been my first husband.


Just kidding.  It's a prom photo.  Circa 1999.  Yes, Lopez had hair.  And yes, I wore glitter and butterflies.  Is anyone surprised?

I digress.  Getting back to super talented friends who do good things...

This guy:
Photo
Created these fabulous prints:


To aid in the Hurricane Sandy relief effort.

ALL proceeds go to help the victims of superstorm Sandy.  He is selling the prints for $30 loose, $40 framed.  Shipping is $5.  If you'd like to place an order, or if you have any questions, please email him directly at rLoArtwork@gmail.com.

I also know that he was looking for screenprinters who would put these designs on shirts for free in an effort to raise even more money for the cause.  If you or someone you know would be interested in partnering with him please get in touch with me or email him directly.  

It is all too easy to go on with our daily lives and forget that people are still suffering.  Even though it's no longer on the front page of every paper or streaming on the news 24/7, the recovery effort is hardly over.  In many respects it has only just begun.  So many people lost everything that they had.  There is still so much suffering and still so much that we can do to help.  

I am a firm believer that we might not be able to do it all, but we can do SOMETHING.  I've always been a little bit of a dreamer.  A bleeding heart.  Someone who wants to "change the world." Oftentimes I find myself being discouraged by either my lack of skills or lack of time.  It is easy to be overwhelmed by the enormity of all there is to be done.  Fear can be immobilizing.  Sometimes it helps  to take a deep breath and realize that no we can't do it all, but we can refuse to do nothing.  And by doing a little something, each and every day, I think we really could change the world.

Cue:  MJ "Heal the World"

Ok I'm getting down off my soapbox now.

Love you guys.

Buy some art.  Do some good.

Refuse to do nothing.

Peace out.

xoxo

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...