Friday, September 27, 2013

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Throw Out Your Bedazzler

Embellished sweatshirts are back.

I know... I know.  Puff paint's comeback can't be far behind.  Let's just hope they skip that one and move on to something far classier like pleather... oh wait... never mind.

Since I donated my Bedazzler to Good Will years ago (oh the naivete) and have yet to purchase an "embellished sweatshirt," I developed a simple equation to keep my fashionista-self on trend:

Statement Necklace + Sweatshirt = Blinged Out Loungewear (no purchase necessary!)
Glasses:  Coach (similar in black)
Necklace:  Jane (similar)
Sweatshirt:  Forever 21 (similar with short sleeves)
Jeans: Forever 21 ($7.80) 
Jacket:  Buffalo (similar)
Bag and Shoes:  Louis Vuitton (both gifts-I can't afford that shiz)

The best part about this fashion solution is that when bejeweled sweatshirts are no longer cool, (trust me this can't last long) each piece will still be able to be worn separately while their bejeweled counterparts go the way of my once-loved bedazzler.  Catch my drift?

Good.  I'm so glad we had this talk.

Are you with me? Or do you think I'm completely out of touch?

Regardless of which size of the bejeweled argument you are on, let's just take a moment to revel in this early 90's awesomeness:



Have a great weekend lovies!

xoxo

Jenny

PS- Apparently the Bedazzler is still alive and well and has it's own web site...
According to www.getbedazzler.com: "Bedazzling is back and bigger than ever."  Who knew?
Maybe I am just out of touch...

1 comment:

  1. I love the shoes. A lot. A loooooot. Just sayin'.

    And I love that you use the word shiz, too. I feel like everyone should. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...