Monday, October 7, 2013

Made in America Monday: Brow Diva

I don't think it's any secret that I take my brows seriously.

How could you not after having senior portraits that look like this?

Gah!  That's bad!
The scary part is that I thought I looked good here!
I mean, kudos to me for the positive self-image, but those brows are TERRIBLE.
TERRIBLE!!!!
You know what's funny?  None of my friends had bad brows:






Hmmmmm.  Interesting.  They all look pretty good don't they?

They're still going to want to kill me for publishing their senior portraits, but ya know what?  That's what they get for never trying to help a sister out.

Let's just say that once I realized how bad my brows were, I was completely horrified.  Why had my friends and family allowed things to get this bad?  Where was the intervention?  The polite nudge?  The "Come on Jenn, let's go to the salon?"  Where was it???????  Where -was - it????

I believe it was my college suitemate who (at a table with about 12 other girls) pointed to me laughing and said:  "Girl whatchu doin' with those brows?  They look like the McDonald's Golden Arches - you had better fix that shit."  I felt my face get hot, pretended that I needed to pee, and locked myself in the bathroom and cried.  But much like Scarlett O'Hara vowing to never be hungry again,  I looked in that bathroom mirror, put my fist in the air and declared:  "As God is my witness, I'll never have bad brows again."


Okay so it was a little less dramatic than that, but it was a come to Jesus moment for sure...

Wondering where I am going with this?  Don't worry, I'm getting to the main point in

3...

2...

1...

So, how do I make sure I never revisit the Golden Arches look?  In addition to seeing Ryan at Brow Diva every 4-6 weeks for maintenance, I use Brow Diva's brow powder (in sophia) for a clean, well-defined look.  Just last week I realized that their brow powders are made in the USA. I love when I can support #shoplocal and #buyamerican in one fell swoop!

"Every woman needs a brow product to achieve that flawless, movie star look!" says the Brow Diva. Even thick, well-groomed brows need that extra touch for perfect symmetry. If you have sparse, uneven or unruly brows, brow products are a MUST for a clean, professional look.
I also highly recommend their duo brow brush.  Must.  Have.

For all your non-locals, don't fret.  Brow Diva's complete product line is available online.  You can experience a full, fabulous brow no matter where you live!

Do you have a favorite beauty product that is made in the USA?  I'd love to know what it is!  Share below.

xoxo

Jenny

PS- My Brow Journey, complete with more embarrassing photos is documented here.  Enjoy!

 Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...