Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Prom 2000

Ah prom season, a time of year that always makes me nostalgic.  While today high school girls look like mini Kardsashians and pop princesses with perfect makeup and hair... back in the day we didn't look so, well, perfect.

The year was 2000 - "The Thong Song" and "Big Pimpin'" were played, eyebrows were over-plucked, and I rocked a lavender gown with embroidered violets on it.  Oh yes, I was fancy.  

I went with my best friend, Nick, who passed away in 2005.  He will be gone eight years in July and I still miss him every. single. day.

Love you, buddy.
The Girls
Looking at this picture, I just realized that all of our dates were either in college or didn't go to our school.
I guess we were pretty cool.  I'm sure we thought so.  Ha!
A page out of my high school scrapbook (literally)
 Now, I'm not sure if you know this, but in Jersey, after prom you go down the shore.  And that's what you say:  "I'm going down the shore."  You don't care that it isn't English; you say it and you say it with pride.  I am happy to report and even after Hurricane Sandy the Jersey Shore is once again open for business.  Natural disasters might be tough - but want to know what's tougher?  New Jersey.  

"Stronger than the Storm." 
                                            "Jersey Strong."  

They say:  "you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl" and they are right.  I can't wait to go back and visit this summer.

Good Old Seaside Heights.  So many memories!
So many bad decisions that thankfully didn't get any of us into any serious trouble.  ;)

I know it wasn't that long ago, but I'm glad we grew up when we did.  Just think of how much trouble we would have gotten ourselves into if social media was around back then!  Yowzah!  I shudder at the thought.

Maybe I had bad brows and questionable taste in formal wear, but I grew up in a great town, with great friends, and tons of fantastic memories that I will treasure forever!

What about you?  Any fabulous prom memories?  Or better yet, embarrassing photos that you'd like to share?

xoxo

Jenny

PS- My apologies to anyone who finds themselves included in this post - I'm happy to say that much like fine wine, we've all improved with age.  Ha! 

Don't forget to
  Follow on Bloglovin 
 Google Reader will soon be kaput.

1 comment:

  1. My prom dresses are all a wide array of pastels: yellow, sea foam green, purple (and I *hate* purple), and blue. Those were the days, huh? Thank goodness they're neatly tucked away in my mother's basement.

    And the eyebrows. Omg.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...