Friday, May 24, 2013

Put Your Best Face Forward this Spring with a Sweet Retreat (Guest Post)

Becoming a mother is the most significant experience in the lives of many women. And while the joyous journey is certainly worthwhile, it is not lacking in its share of challenges. As a mom of three, I know I spend all of my energy making sure my children’s needs never go unattended. While my role as mama matters to me more than anything in the world, that doesn’t mean I don’t find myself struggling with stress while trying to balance our daily routine with healthy lifestyle habits. And I know I’m not alone! Between packing lunches, sports practices, extra-curricular activities, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, and the billion other things we all do everyday, it is no wonder we feel overwhelmed.

With the constant juggling act of being a mom, we all need to take some to reflect on self-care and relaxation. While celebrating the fifth annual National Pregnancy Month this spring, we have the chance to remind every mom in our lives about the importance of not only caring for loved ones, but also caring for ourselves. By sharing wisdom and carving out personal time, we can all lead healthier, happier lives. It's been a learning experience, but I know that I am a better mother when I am the best version of myself.

In order to get the best me, I enjoy not only relaxing my mind but also treating my skin. On a previous trip to Hawaii at Honolulu's decadent Kahala Hotel & Resort, I was treated to a day at the spa. While the ingredients used were simple, the result was a revelation. After one extraordinary facial mask treatment, I felt refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to embrace quality time with my kids.
Inspired by that fabulous face mask I had enjoyed on at one of Honolulu’s top hotels, I have recreated this Coconut and Pineapple Face Mask from the comfort of my own home!

How to make the Coconut and Pineapple Mask from your home:

  • 2 tbs coconut milk
  • 4 slices of fresh pineapple
  • a blender or food processor
  • a bowl
First, place the pineapple in a blender or food processor and add the coconut milk.  Blend until smooth. Next, remove the mask with a rubber spatula and place in a jar for easy transportation from the kitchen to your chosen relaxation destination. After applying the creamy concoction to my face, I relax for 20 minutes to allow my skin to absorb the vitamins and rich enzymes. Finally, wash with warm water.
This experience is a calm retreat during a hectic day, and has since become a go-to for stressful days.  Now, you too can feel renewed and re-energized after a stressful day. Just whip up a Coconut and Pineapple Mask and reclaim some valuable "me time."

Kendra Thorton
Kendra's Bio: Travel advocate, TV spokesperson, PR businesswoman, proud wife and mama of 3. I am a long time travel expert who has been packing my bags and traveling the world since I was 3 months old! I've found my utmost desire in life is right here in my own home. I have taken my excitement for travel and brought it to you with some of my favorite travel tips and tricks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...