If you've opened up a magazine in the last few months you've seen them: floral pants.
I can't decide how I feel. I'm on the fence. In flux. Wishy. Washy.
Here they are styled three ways in Lucky Magazine's April 2013 issue:
|Look 1: Peplum and Oxfords|
Look 2: Mixing Stripes and Florals
Look 3: Sweatshirt, heavy metal details
Here's me trying on a pair in the Sears dressing room:
I couldn't decide - so I didn't buy them. But, I keep thinking about them.
So I did what any other red-blooded American woman would do:
I conducted an uber-scientic poll on facebook to see what my friends thought.
I got the following responses:
(I've removed identities to protect the innocent)
- "Super cute!"
- "You look good in anything but i think the pants themselves are just awful!!!! lol."
- "I'm so out of the loop. My grandma had a couch that looked just like that."
- "I definitely had a backpack like those. I LOVED that backpack. In 1993."
- "They would be great for spring and they look super cute!"
- " I don't know... A yellow tank and tori burch flips with a cute necklace might do the trick. I like things other people hate lol"
- "Super cute"
- "Everything old is new again. if anyone could pull them off, it would be you"
- "I like them!"
- " No." <--- perhaps my favorite response of all - an emphatic NO lol
- "I would feel like such an ass, but as everyone has said you look cute and can totally pull them off."
- "Buy them you can wear them they are cute! Def flats and yellow or even coral tank"
- " Love them!!"
- "Of course!"
- " DOOOO ITTTTT!!!! Lol! You look amazing in them and they are adorbs :))"
- " No. In one month you will not regret not buying them."
- " I think you would have to move to Florida to get good use out of them."
What do you think? Yea? Or nay?
I still can't decide. Seventeen people weighed in and I can't make a decision. I feel like my mother.
I mean they are on sale for $23.99.. worst case scenario I wear them once and consign them. Right? Right?? They look just like the ones in anthro... Ugh! Tell me what to do!
Tell. Me. What. To. Do.