Thursday, March 7, 2013

Don't Be That Guy

Remember PCU?  (I'm really showing my age here aren't I?) 

Let me refresh your memory (or if you're under 30 you can watch it for the first time).  Either way watch this before you read any further:


I committed Fashion's version of this.

It all happened right here:



I walked in wearing this:


Oh yes, wearing a t-shirt and cropped polka dot skinnies that were both purchased from this EXACT location four days prior.


And you want to know what I did?

I bought another one of the SAME EXACT t-shirt.  (Yes, same color and everything).  And another pair of the SAME pants (only this time in black).  The sales associate actually looked me up and down as she rang me up and said:  "You know you are wearing this shirt right now."  My reply:  "Yeah I know, I really like it."  Sure, I could have explained that I don't live in Florida and that I wanted one tee to keep at my parents house down there and one to bring home to upstate New York, and at $5 a pop I would buy it in every color if they weren't sold out.  I just didn't think she needed that much of an explanation.

I have to tell you: I did feel a little bit like the GAP Outlet Superfan walking around the store like that.  And it's still bugging me... 

What do you think?  Can you wear the clothes of the store you're going to shop in?  Or is it the equivalent of wearing the tee of the band you are going to see?  Fashion faux pas?  Or perfectly acceptable?

I'm dying to know.

Thanks for helping me clear this up.

xoxo

Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...