Thursday, September 1, 2011

Charity

So, I had an epiphany about 10 minutes ago.  I had just gotten out of the shower and was slathering cocoa butter all over my swollen belly and love handles when it hit me:  I need a spa day.  My skin is a disaster area, my body feels like its 100 years old, and my feet...let's just say a pedicure wouldn't hurt.
Unfortunately there are a few hurdles I'd need to overcome before I speed dial The Spa at the Del Monte.  Perhaps the most significant being that this stay-at-home-mom gig doesn't pay all that well (neither does a neglected fashion blog).  AND as a [broke] SAH mother, I have a two year old to take care of who probably wouldn't be willing to sit quietly in the lobby for 6 hours while mommy gets a facial, mani/pedi, and prenatal massage.  Bummer.
This should be me.
However I have come up with a solution:  I will create my own non-profit organization:  "Pamper the Pregnant" - like "Feed the Children," but different.  Obviously things are still in the preliminary planning stages, but in the meantime, donations in the form of check (made out to yours truly) or Del Monte gift cards can be sent to my home address along with a list of competent babysitters who will work for free.

What do you think?  It's brilliant isn't it?  What can I say?  I've always been a giver.  ;)

PS- Be patient with me as I get back into the swing of things... who knows, my next post might actually be about fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...